RegTech Capital Markets Conference – 28 Feb 2017
8:50 Opening remarks: The state of RegTech 2017
PJ Di Giammarino, CEO, JWG Group
- How far along are regulatory and industry mobilisation efforts?
- How close are we to a digital rulebook?
- What is the potential upside for 2018’s massive regulatory delivery window?
9:05 All-star panel: The politics of RegTech
Beju Shah (Senior Expert – Regulatory Data Collection, Bank of England), Francis Gross (ECB), Joanne Hannaford (Partner, Global Head of Corporate Tech & Still coding, Goldman Sachs)
- Getting beyond politics to uniform oversight of ‘equivalent’ practices across the globe
- The imperative to share models, code and guidance
- How to leverage public bodies and private sector collaboration
9:50 Keynote: Measuring finance in the digital age: a systemic vision and a starting point
Francis Gross (European Central Bank)
- How will the regulator help enable efficient collaboration?
- When will we get to an integrated, standard robo-rulebook?
- What will big data, modelling and surveillance technologies enable?
10:10 Coffee break
10:40 Case study: Getting synergy from regulatory reporting
David Masters (Head of Operations Regulatory Reporting, Société Générale), Jim Bennett (Managing Director, Capital Markets, Sapient), Mark Kelly (Director, Abide Financial), Karin Verlinden (Capital Markets Initiatives, BNP Paribas), Richard Bennett (Vice President, Market Management, Wolters Kluwer)
- What a good infrastructure fit for AnaCredit, IFRS 9, EMIR art. 9, SFTR and MiFID II in 2017 will look like
- How do you get costs down, quality up and customers off your back?
- What will it take to stay out of the bad books in the future?
11:25 Panel: The challenge of funding RegTech – the COO/CIO viewpoint
Ray Hanson (Managing Director, Credit Suisse), Paul North (Head of Product Development, BNY Mellon), Steve Burman (Managing Director, Barclays), Kevin Barry (Head of Investment IT and Change, Henderson Global Investors)
- How business and RegTech strategies are changing in the face of market uncertainty
- Who buys compliance: first, second or third line of defence?
- The business case: customer priorities and how your supply chain helps meet them.
13:20 Keynote: The European Commission – FDS project
Peter van den Hul (DG Financial Stability, Financial Services and Capital Markets Union, European Commission)
- EC’s better regulation agenda
- Lessons learned from FISMA call for evidence
- Objectives of FDS project and the role of the ESAs in making it happen.
13:55 Standardising demands for regulatory data
Karla McKenna (Head of Standards, GLEIF; Global Chair ISO TC 68)
- Defining data needs for regulatory reporting
- Adoption of international standards – leveraging modeling, reference data and messaging standards
- The engagement of stakeholders in the standards development process
14:15 Case study: MiFID II compliant trading
Stephane Malrait (Global Head of Financial Markets eCommerce, ING), Vincent Grandjean (Executive Director, Fixed Income eCommerce Product Manager, Santander), Michael Richter (Director, Transaction Cost Analysis, IHS Markit), David Eley (Head of Regulatory Strategy, Markets, SEB)
- Overview of collaboration in action from tier-2 banks
- How new technologies have played a role in redefining the platform
- Best practices for other parts of the battlefield in advance of January 2018.
15:00 Coffee break
15:40 Roundtables in parliamentary debate format: This house believes …
Robotics & AI: The technology itself, the capabilities organisations require and considerations for the future
Speakers: Hosted by Accenture
RegTech Council: A public/private governing body will need to assume responsibility for regulatory interpretation, code libraries, data models and practices
Speakers: PJ Di Giammarino (CEO, JWG Group), Nirvana Farhadi (Global Head, Financial Services RegTech, Risk & Regulatory Compliance Affairs, Hitachi Data Systems)
Conduct: knowing controls = keeping senior managers out of jail
Speakers: Paul Burleton (Head of Strategy, Regulatory, Risk & Compliance, GFT), Andrew Williams (Consultant, Simmons & Simmons LLP)
16:40 Roundtables in parliamentary debate format: This house believes …
KYC/DLT: we need to stop talking and just do it – it’s done
Speakers: Professor Michael Mainelli (Z/Yen Group, CEO), Owen Hall (Managing Director, Heliocor Ltd)
FinTech: RegTech will transform how risk looks at new Fintech business models
Speakers: Dan Orlow (Game Sports Network) and Nirvana Farhadi (Global Head, Financial Services RegTech, Risk & Regulatory Compliance Affairs, Hitachi Data Systems)
Cyber: poor data controls are as scary as cybercriminals.
Speakers: Peter Lancos (Chief of Staff, HSBC)
17:40 Wrap up, summary and close
17:45 Drinks and networking
Check back regularly for updates as new speakers are confirmed.